Get ready to spice up cooking safety with these colorful “Prevent Fires: Be Safe In The Kitchen” Ruler Bookmarks. Starring the one and only Red the Fire Dog, our trusty fire safety mascot! lip it one way, and you’ve got a handy ruler for measuring your ingredients to perfection. Flip it the other way, and voila – You’ve got important fire safety rules that’ll keep your community fire ready.
Personalize them with your fire department’s name and suddenly, you’ve got a keepsake that’s as memorable as a secret recipe. And the best part? Handing these out at kitchen fire safety events means you’re dishing out safety smarts in the most engaging way possible.
The back of the bookmark includes 10 vital fire safety rules, such as:
- Have 2 ways out and a family escape plan
- If a door is hot, don’t open it
- If your clothes catch fire, stop, drop and roll
- Don’t hide get outside
- If there’s smoke, crawl low and go
- Never go back into a burning building
- In an emergency, call 9-1-1
- Matches and lighters are tools, not toys
- Test your smoke alarms every month
- Practice fire drills in the home
If you like these cooking safety themed ruler bookmarks, then check out more of Red the Fire Dog’s Materials.
Shop more Ruler Themes and Topics.